View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
He definately raises Moncton's profile. I would obviously liked them to add a defenceman and possibly a goaltender. Although Danault is a forward that puts up points, he is also one of the best "two-way" forwards in the league. He will help out the defence whenever he's on the ice will in a domino affect help the goaltending as well. I had my fingers crossed he'd be coming here with Vance but PEI swooped him up. I don't know why Flynn didn't make the deal for him too. Most people think Trickett , Chenier and a 3rd was very steep but in reality it's not. Essential two second rounders and a third is not that much for a top-4 dman with mobility, size and who is an NHL draftee. Even a guy like Vital Cote that Bathurst picked up for next to nothing would have rounded the D out nicely. Overall I think Danault is a big help as he brings leadership, solidifies two dangerous lines , a guy who is always the first back with a great two-way game and his acquisition , along with the return of Jaskin will bring lots of energy and momentum. If Dubeau improves his consistency and plays like he did in games 14-28 we can surprise almost any team. I can see us being a problem for the league's top teams come playoff time but if they play like they have the last 6 games , we'll have an early exit. I was also very happily surprised to see Flynn add Batt and for a low return. Have always been a fan of his and being a 96' born will be a nice addition on next year's addition of the Wildcats. He will be a very solid contributor at 18 & 19. I'm anxious to watch our next outing
No doubt Danault helps. Your key is still Dubeau

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote