Thread: Proposal: Emergency Trade: Isles-Yotes
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Redden has another year of his contract after this one. That's a clear "NO" for me. I'd much rather look forward to what we'd do with the $5.0 million in actual salary we wouldn't spend on him next year than see what he could do for us during this upcoming season at a prorated rate of the same exact salary. We really should add a body, but not at that kind of cost for next year. Komisarek would make more sense than Redden for this year and next. (About $3 million more sense. I'm thinking this team is going to spend incrementally more next season and then have a big boost the year before heading into Brooklyn.) If indeed Redden does get bought out, there will be other fish in that pond of 2013 free agency, better than giving up an asset to fill a spot.

Mitch
If Redden is bought out, he will be look for a new contract. IMO, he may be looking for retribution and may pick it up from what he has done in the 'A'. He made his money now he wants to prove that he has the talent to be in the NHL. Maybe worthwhile and cheap.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote