View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Meh, I value Bozak more than a 2nd, though. Maybe a 2014 1st? I'd like one established roster player, though, and Kulemin would be a better fit than Bozak. Given that the Leafs just acquired JVR, it might make Kulemin more expendable.

I'd also be okay with something like Kadri, Finn, Frattin, 2nd.(I see Frattin as a downgrade from Kulemin, who i'd still prefer)
I honestly don't think it makes Kulemin more expendable because the rationale for getting Van Reimsdyk IIRC was that we needed more players of that type.

The bottom I think is good value but the issue is it opens a hole on the 3rd line and in the forward prospect department (which is sadly a weak spot of Toronto's prospect pool). If Biggs were more ready I doubt it would be as much of an issue to move Kadri and Frattin.

I'd sooner move Biggs + something small than Frattin to be honest. Is that an option?

So what does your other option amount to? Kadri, Finn, Franson, 1st 2014? Or was it Kadri, Finn, 2nd 2013, 1st 2014?

It seems like we're getting close in value although Burke may not want to pay that much. It all depends on his confidence in Reimer. If Burke and Carlyle truly believe that Reimer will become a very good goalie very soon (I think he will be and from their interviews they seem to like him a lot) and a solid veteran backup is available for a decent price, that would likely be a better option for Burkie than giving up that much future.

Guess we'll see what he thinks soon enough. I'm honestly not sure how this will play out but it would be nice to see top notch goaltending in Toronto again.