View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Huffman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
That's great news.

Just wondering what you guys thought of Sandberg and Arvidsson at the WJC. I thought they were very impressive; played with so much energy, it was hard not to notice whenever they were on the ice, and did not back down from competition. I know they are smaller guys and it'll hurt them a bit, but do you think they will generate some draft interest this year, perhaps in the late rounds? And whom would you prefer?
Very hard to say, Erik Thorell who is a small guy similar to both Arvidsson and Sandberg had a great tournament last year but was still passed over in the draft.

I think Arvidsson will be drafted in the later rounds. Yes, he is small but he stands out too much in junior competition not to be drafted. I also recall a scout in the U20 tournament in Sundsvall saying he would be picked in the draft.

I think Sandberg is one of those small players that could be very successful in Europe on bigger ice but I'm not sure if he'll get drafted this year, maybe if he has a great season next year. He has not really established himself as a regular SEL player yet.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote