View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Not that I care about the comments (or have anything against Moore, who I'd be happy to see back in Ranger blue), but it might have something to do with the fact that at the time Moore was talking about how it's an 'accomplishment' to break in with the Rangers and they just get rid of youth, the following players also had the accomplishment of breaking in with the same team:
Prucha
Lundqvist
Tyutin
Betts
Ortmeyer
Hollweg

and you could probably through in Hossa, Kondratiev and Immonen as well. Moore wasn't a pioneer or anything, so probably didn't need to make the comments.

Regardless, you'd hope it was all 'water under the bridge' from both sides
Not really an impressive list, especially when you weed out the guys that debuted post-lockout and Betts who started his career in Calgary. The Rangers were notorious for buying teams and not giving kids a real opportunity to break into the big club. In fact, I think our inability to build a team without a checkbook led to the demise of quite a few solid prospects. However, that's not really the point. We spent tons of money and got nowhere. Moore was right in his assessment.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote