View Single Post
01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
vCash: 500
Devils' amnesty clause?

I know CBA details are still coming in but I'm pretty sure it's certain that teams are going to be allowed two amnesty buyouts: one this coming summer and one the next. Obviously it is still to be seen what the Devils' financial situation will be like and whether we'll be able to spend to the cap, but I'm just wondering if there is ANYONE that Lou would use the amnesty clause on. Here's my candidates:

Before the 2013-14 season:
1. Krys Barch - I know it's silly because he hasn't even played a game yet but he reminds me too much of a Boulton/Darren Langdon type.
2. Tallinder - If he comes back this year with an awful/injury prone year and becomes untradeable, I could see Lou biting the bullet.

These are the only two I could see being amnestied this summer. As for before the 2014-15 season:
1. Bryce Salvador - At 3.167/year, there is a decent chance that he becomes surplus by the last year in his deal. Will have to see how well he ages.
2. Anton Volchenkov - A little bit tougher because Lou would have to buy out 2 years/8.5 mil in salary, but I could see Volchenkov being deemed too expensive if our young D-prospects develop well.

So far those are the only options I could see. Most of our forwards are going to be free agents this coming summer, so I don't see anyone with a fresh contract being bought out.