View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 05:31 PM
racerjoe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
He is still more proven. And Gards played better in his full season than Kassian in his half. Gardner the Dman put up a better PPG than Kassian the forward.

And its not like Kassian's pedigree was that much higher. They were drafted around the same spot. And both improved after their draft.
Again it comes down to a half season vs a full season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Pretty odd to state that when both players are very close in age and Gardiner is more productive at both ends of the ice...

Gardiner is significantly more valuable then Kassian, as for Kassian and Kadri, I'd say that's probably a wash value wise, but I'd still rather have Kadri.

Kassian's ceiling is not that high, he lacks high end skill and hockey sense. His shot power, grit and size top his ceiling for me as a 2nd line winger...

Gardiner's potential is that of a #2 50pt defenseman.
Your scouting report on Kassian is completely wrong. He is a skilled PF. I hear people comparing him to Lucic, and I always ask if they have seen him play. Kassian's skill set is much better, if he can put it together is another story, but they are not the same type of players. The best comparison would be like a Bertuzzi, both great skaters, puck handlers and passers.