View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
yoss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Most of us don't feel we have a good chance. We also don't feel that Luongo makes us a contender....better? Absolutely. But the cost to aquire Luongo is what has most of us shying away.
I guess it is a matter of preference then. Luongo would give you guys a much better chance imo of making the playoffs. I personally would want to see my team make the playoffs. Yeah you could build for the future forever but that's no guarantee really in my mind that some indeterminate amount of time down the road you will necessarily have all the pieces. Hard to gauge how well your prospects will turn out. In Lou you know you're getting a very good goaltender. And frankly i don't believe Leafs fans really know just how good Lou is. They remember a couple Hawks games or the finals against the Bruins when the fact is without Lou i doubt the Canucks even make the playoffs some of those seasons when the twins were not as good nor Kesler and he literally stole any number of games for us in 2-1 , 1-0, 3-2 victories during that time.