Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post
I have a question. If you're going to invite Commodore, means you're looking for a big bad bruising stay-at-home d-man. Might as well invite Tinordi ! I mean i know the guy is still in his rookie pro year, making some mistakes and whatnot, but if he's to learn at a pro level, might as well let him learn in the NHL ! Most of the aspects of his game are already at an NHL caliber, so we don't we take advantage of his current upside and use this time to mentor him more, him being around pros and not rookies !?
From what I've been keeping up on the Dogs, Tinordi has leaps and bounds to go. The kind of things he has to learn are best learned in the AHL. We do not need him going through the rushing and then stunting development process. If you meant invite to camp, yeah, of course, but I thought he might be anyway. Galchenyuk should be on the team if anyone (as well as some other players before Tinordi). That said, I don't want Gally anywhere near our NHL roster for at least a year, preferably two depending on how the rest of our lineup looks next year. I'm all for learning the ropes of the NHL, but in every instance (good or bad, Pacioretty or Latendresse), it seems as though extended time with the Dogs makes you a better player when you get to the NHL. Once Tinordi is dominant in the AHL, then consider. He is not.