Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-13 Prospect Updates
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I read an article today at work about the Niagara Ice Dogs, and I wish I had an opportunity to save the link before I moved on.

The GM pretty much said anything could happen, and they were exploring all options. However, the attitude of the piece made me feel the man was excepting the fact he would be taking apart a very good team.

This is far from a perfect example of them throwing in the towel, but they have made two trades for NHL draft eligible players in the past few days. That seems more like an eye for the future though than this season.

The GM also said he's essentially given in to the fact that Dougie Hamilton is done in the OHL, but there is much less certainty with Ritchie and Strome.

Selfishly, that made me wonder if the Kitchener Rangers, clearly buying at this deadline, had the assets to make another big move like land Brett Ritchie.

The best way to answer that question I could come up with was to ask (via Twitter) the beat reporter covering the Rangers if he thought the team had the assets to make that type of a move, and he said they'd potentially have the assets in two NHL draft eligible forwards (Sterk and Pedersen).

It's beyond a long shot, but it would definetly be interesting to see Ritchie end up in Kitchener. At the very least, I'm giving in to the fact that Niagara is probably about to be dismantled by the Thursday deadline.