View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Montreal doesn't particularly need puckmoving D either, we're kind of overload there. Maybe in the future, but with Beaulieu developing and Subban with the big club its not much of a long-term concern either. When I said that the habs needed an upgrade from Savard, I didn't mean Moore or Erixon. I agree that all have similar value and all three have NHL potential. I just meant that they don't have the kind of potential that would get Montreal to consider moving Pleks. I'm not sure what Columbus would be willing to offer, but as the trade is currently constituted, it wouldn't entice Montreal, especially if we have to take on Mason.
I'm not sure I follow. Assuming Kaberle is bought out(a 50/50 proposition for now) and The Cube is here for a 1 year stint, why wouldn't we want a player like Moore. I'm not sure either Beaulieu or Tinordi are going to be ready to log big minutes for a couple of years.

Most of the Hab fans seem certain we have a glut of d-men and we don't. Listening to guys like Dudley, he seems to want to build from the net out, so either he's out to lunch or the posters are dreaming in Technicolour if you don't think we are going to be upgrading ourselves at the d position.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote