View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 07:28 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Agreed. JR posted a stat today that during the last lockout shortened season, only 2 Blues played every game. With games almost every other day, there's bound to be injuries. Schwartz will get plenty of time with the Blues I think. It sounds like the only guy he could be out in camp is Porter...and personally, I'd think it makes more sense to keep Porter as a spare than to have Schwartz sitting in the pressbox most nights. Let Schwartz get big minutes in Peoria and when they need him in the Blues lineup, call him up!
Agreed, Schwartz needs to be playing in Peoria until we need him. And Porter is a good energy line guy. He's fast and physical.

I think we'll see lots of different line combos this season. The good thing with our depth is you can really mix and match the top 9 with a few different combos, and then I think Hitch might rotate guys like Langenbrunner, Sobotka, Nichol, Reaves, Porter down there on the 4th line to keep them all fresh. And we could see some role players from Peoria at times too.

It will be interesting, but if that's the way the season goes for most teams, then I like our chances personally.