View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 06:30 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1279 View Post
Not surprised on R. Smith. He wouldn't fit into 3rd or 4th line role. Sceviour, Chiasson could easily fit there.
Reilly Smith is actually a pretty excellent fit IMO. He's already developed great chemistry with Cody Eakin. More importantly, those guys have to play smart defensive hockey, and that's been a part of Reilly's game in Miami and Texas.

FYI, I don't know why Mark left it out of article, but GMJN did mentioned Reilly. It's in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe
Reilly Smith for example, really had to find his way the first 14 games in the American Hockey League. He didn't have a goal, and now is playing at a PPG in the AHL. Chiasson is becoming a more prominent player. Oleksiak is getting better and better.
He was asked two similar questions, and Mark quoted the answer to the 2nd one.

Regarding Chiasson, I agree he does feel a very similar role as Smith. I think they're both future Top 6 players in the NHL. Smith is probably going to net more goals, but Chiasson is probably a better playmaker though. As far as a complete, two-way game, they were both extremely impressive in that regard in college, and I'd expect that's a key element of their game in the NHL.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote