View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
For its worth, Anisimov got .581 points per game as a 19-year-old AHL rookie and Miller so far has .538 per game. At the time, HF had him listed as our second-best prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=550286) so the expectations were pretty high. He wound up getting 80 points over 161 games in the last two seasons, and the 40-point per season pace is probably what we can expect from him going forward in his career. Sure, he'll have a great career year and he'll have a disappointing down year, but I would bet he'll average about 40 points per season over the next 8 seasons before his ability starts to decline due to age.

That's what I expect from Miller. I am not saying because he is scoring the same as AA in Hartford, it proves that he'll be the same, but I'm just not seeing any offense in him that is above what we saw with Anisimov 5 years ago. He can always exceed expectations, but no reasonable projection today can predict that he'll be scoring more than 35-45 points per game as a two-way tweener.
Liking what I'm hearing about McI in the AHL, but given the injury and the development curve vs. Miller, I'm going to give the nod to Miller in this poll.

Add Lindberg.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote