Thread: Prospect Info: 2012/2013 Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I seriously dislike when people make this silly statement. I mentioned that I have seen him play close to 10-12 times now (all of which have come during the previous two WJC's). Do you just assume I am lying because you don't agree with me?

From what I have seen, Granlund looks disinterested at times when he does not have the puck. In saying that, this is also a very common trait for younger players and is an aspect of the game that can be easily improved upon if that specific player is willing to put in the required effort. I also never said that he was an awful defensive player, but it certainly appears to me that he can be far more effective if he put in a greater effort. He does after all player the most important forward position (at times), and should take that responsibility seriously.
I would say Granlund is a complementary player, I don't think he will ever wow you with anything he does but he also won't hurt you. Like TT and Armia I was overly impressed with them at the world juniors despite having great numbers manly because they beat up on the weaker teams but I will say that I think Granlund can be lesser version of Zajac when it was Zajac and Parise. He will might not be a second line player on his own but with other players he will play to their lever kinda like what we saw from Stajan.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote