Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
source

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
IMO you really should refrain from using Melnyk's personal problems to support your notion the Sens weren't able to keep up financially under the old CBA.

It is fairly safe to assume you know nothing about his financial state post his divorce, simply because a court in Barbados has sealed the divorce file and banned publication of any of its details without the court's permission.
I think it merits consideration, as does the fact that Biovail is no longer the money-maker it once was for Euge.

I also think that you shouldn't have a boxed perspective on the so-called "rebuild" this team is going through. We are not the New York Islanders or the Edmonton Oilers of the last few years. We have a good team with a couple (relatively large, albeit) holes.

If Melnyk wants to spend, he can. We have the cap space. I don't think there is a strong argument to be made that an elite forward and a top defenseman wouldn't put us into Stanley Cup contention.

EDIT: In response to other stuff you said - I don't think there is evidence to suggest Melnyk is dirt poor, but there are good reasons out there to support my claim that he is being stingy with the O-Sens.

source is offline   Reply With Quote