View Single Post
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Don't waste my time
vCash: 500
To anyone who has been following the NHL/NHLPA lockout dispute, it was what Daly said weeks ago in reference to a contract term limit of 5 years. TSN isn't letting him forget it, bringing it up in several newscasts since, of course, the NHL's position has since changed, and they have allowed 7 year limits, 8 if re-signing with the same club.

Jack Todd of the Montreal Gazette has some nasty comments about it:

Here is a HfBoards thread:

The implication of my reference is (intended to be) that the firm statement of commitment will be later recanted and position changed because the situation dictates another course of action is needed. (The expression "famous last words" comes to mind). That's what I was getting at. Of course, there are language and regional differences that interfere with meaning communication. it's a fragmented universe these days. Of course not everyone has been following the lockout dispute. I have but in some ways wish I hadn't. Those who took a break really missed very little, except for the machinations of negotiations that left a bitter taste in everyone's mouths.

Last edited by VanIslander: 01-08-2013 at 09:01 PM.