View Single Post
01-08-2013, 10:43 PM
vCash: 500
Basically the mission of Warren is to trade Bateman and however many picks necessary to get a top four defenceman who will be back next year. I don't think we have a shot at Koekkoek as the Petes are saying five teams have made offers for him. We just don't have the players to get it done - especially with only one card left and no real depth to trade multiple players and create another hole.

Regarding next year, we won't know about any Americans coming over until after the Memorial Cup hosting gig has been rewarded. So we need to somehow show this squad, as currently constructed, is solid enough to make a play-off run. I think Rychel made this decision to build now too late, but maybe he was waiting for Koko's final decision - but the seven game losing streak is near a back-breaker on the season.

How does the play-off seeding work again? If we finish 7th, would we get the West division winner (assuming London finishes with the best record and get's the 8th seed)? I guess that wouldn't be terrible as with the 7t seed we could avoid Kitchener and Owen Sound in the first round and get Sarnia, Plymouth in the first round.

So we need to catch Saginaw - who could sell Trocheck, and the Soo - who knows what they're going to do. We should be able to catch Saginaw and pass them if they're selling for next year and we've brought. But passing just them means we're getting London in the first round. So we NEED to get at least the 7 seed.