View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Like expected, nothing drastically changed for me over this deadline. There wasn't a big enough haul for one team to make me more or less worried about a certain team.

Any team can win on any given day really, especially in the playoffs if a team gets hot... Rimouski got Gagne and Lavoie to improve the 20yo group, but as a Moose fan you're always scared of the Oceanic lol. Good coaching can make them the best team in the East come playoff time...

Baie-Comeau added a big forward to the 3rd line but to give up Leveille and three 1sts for Poulin and Gregoire is a massive over-payment IMO.

Blainville's fast defensive system will continue to make them dangerous and Tesink only helps that. They have a lot of good forwards and a great goalie, so just like pre-season, they're the biggest threat to my #1 (Halifax).... Quebec made a move for next year... Still don't like their depth, but with a lot of firepower up front anythings possible for them again.

Moncton got the big fish, but it doesn't solve chemistry/locker room issues (whatever the rumor is) or inconsistent goaltending. They could play that boring Danny Flynn style and catch on fire in March, because they have the talent..... Or their internal and on-ice problems might continue and ride the Saulniers too much leading to an early exit... Obviously that was last year, and they won't be on the first PK anymore, so I don't think theyy will be as worn down.... Inconsistent, yet dangerous team.

And I'll give it a shot in defending my own team... The team loses two defenseman, but arguably don't lose anything from their defensive game. MacAulay is a two-way Critchlow type, so no complaint there... And Murphy is an upgrade on Gazzola. Murphy adds physicality and some puck skills on the second pair/PP.
Having the top everything in the country basically means it's tough for Cam to make a move, but standing still could've back-fired... He made some moves without tinkering too much with what we had...

I'll say Halifax, BLB, Rimouski and Moncton in the final four...

That's just my opinion.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote