Thread: Proposal: Edmonton + Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
These "top __" lists are always subjective, but he's the only active defenseman other than Chara and Weber to finish top 10 in Norris voting the last 2 seasons. I think that's as good and reliable an objective source as we're going to get on the subject.
I don't know about you but when it comes to the awards here out west we tend to find they have a heavy east coast bias. Hockey writers are just fans like us, and like us they are subjective and have bias. It's tough when a clear majority of the writers who vote on the awards live out east. I'm scpetical as to how many really stay up late to watch a reasonable amount of games as opposed to just going by hearsay and their limited viewings. In saying that it's not a bad source to quote and a reasonable poece of evidence to bring into the discussion. You are certainly correct in stating it's awfully hard to slot guys into a ranking. I just think there are better two way dman than Letang. Pie, Weber, Suter, Keith, Karlsson, Doughty, etc... bring a more complete game (not to say Letang is poor defensively).

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote