Thread: Proposal: David Schlemko to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

vCash: 500
Schlemko certainly earned the trust of Tippett, which says something, but hes really only had about half a season of high level play for us (plus a very stellar playoff beard). It's a little early to say whether or not Schlemko will be expendable for us since we don't really know who is ready for full time. Stone looks like he is, Summers maybe, Rundblad is close but I don't know if he's quite there yet.

Honestly though, I wouldn't expect a team to give up a prospect like Prince for Schlemko right now (unless there is something up with Prince that I'm not aware of). If Schlem had another year under his belt of the type of play he did last year before injury then he may be worth more, but he didn't look good after coming back from injury. It may have just been rust from missing half the year, but maybe he simply came off whatever high he was riding and that was the real Schlemko, so the jury is still out on where he is really at. I'm 50/50 on if I'd do it or not.

However, Ottawa should be aware that Schlemko and Turris have a history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwVCGf9Q5WY

Quote:
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2010

Turris (wearing white) tries to fight his own teammate david schlemko after being slashed in the balls. only caught the end.
dec 27 ice den phoenix arizona

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote