Thread: Value of: Ryane Clowe to Edmonton?
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Evets 81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Braun is almost as valued as Demers, which is pretty high. If Murray leaves via FA, Braun would be our #6 and we currently have no defensive prospects ready to step in. Braun will likely be a top 4 defenseman that can play PP. I would love Hartikainen but not at the expense of Braun.

How good are you guys with goaltending prospects? We have a surplus of goalies that need NHL experience if you're interested. Khabibulin will turn 40 later this week and I don't know any other Oiler goalies besides Dubnyk.
Goalie is a huge question mark, to me. Khabi is almost done, there were even questions of him actually being able to come back and play again, since I think he hurt himself somewhere. Dubnyk is slowly developing into (hopefully) our future #1. That being said, it still isn't a for sure thing he will be it. I think he will, but we will wait 2 or 3 years and see. We have Tyler Bunz, who has shown some growth and talent, but I haven't heard too much about him lately. I'd think we could use some goalie prospects, for sure.

Also, we had Vandemeer a couple seasons ago, he served us well but I think I remember him being a bit slow, skatingwise. He ended up as more of a fill-in defenseman (which, for the Oilers at the time, was basically a regular role due to injuries.. lol)

Evets 81 is offline   Reply With Quote