View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I think it's delusional to think they'll trade Weiss, their top center, for a goalie they won't need. If they are trading Weiss and it "isn't a major thing" for them to make the playoffs, why not just run Markstrom? If they want to make the playoffs they'll keep Weiss and try and get Luongo for futures or pieces that won't impact their chances of getting in.
Well what would be more beneficial to there success? Weiss when they have Flesichmann there or Luongo when both there goaltenders are decling and there team has gotten worse defensively.

I doubt this team is capable of making the playoffs the way they are, getting Luongo would really improve that chance. Weiss isn't great to give up but when you consider they will lose him anyway and probably for nothing why wouldn't they try to trade him and get something since they are shooting for the future more so than right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Florida will not trade for Luongo only to create a massive hole in an already equally thin area of their lineup. They have prospects and picks and a couple of cap dumps in Upshall and Bergenheim

They will not trade Weiss until the deadline if at all and not likely not Versteeg.
I don't really think Versteeg is a fit, and I agree he isn't coming here, Weiss is different because it's unlikely he is going back, Would Luongo not improve there chances alot? since there goaltending isn't that great to start with and is declining, and there defense also lost a huge piece in Garrison (he was on there top pair) Ya there offense would take a big hit but there goaltending would gain a huge improvement, and as we have seen a great goalie can carry a lackluster offense more so than a better offense carrying a lackluster goalie.