View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:55 AM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Under Jesse Wallin sometimes Dumba got to play all 2 minutes of the PP, now under Sutter he get's to play a more conventional 1 shift on the PP, so that likely contributes to his underwhelming production this season. The other thing contributing to his regression is that his "big open ice hits" were actually often penalties in the new WHL (I don't agree with the new standard, it hurts Miller on the WK's a lot as well), he got away with a lot until this season, I think that early suspension took away a lot of his desire to get out and hit someone, and once you take the hitting away from a guy like Dumba, you take away a big piece of his game. I think he'll play his 19 year old season back in the WHL, and be a lot more composed, stronger player who puts up more points again and plays a lot better.
I agree with this. I saw him a few times last year and, comparatively speaking after watching him a few games over Christmas, a lot of the aggressiveness was gone. It could have just been a case of a few off games, could be Sutter trying to calm his game down a bit, but he wasn't looking to hit like he used to.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote