Thread: Line Combos: Defense Pairings
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 04:48 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
I still have hope for Sauer at 6'3" and well over 200 pounds he brings the nasty and crease clearing NY needs. Yes he had a concussion but so did Sidney slewfoot so I would expect Sauer to recover at some point.

However with the compressed schedule I am hoping and praying that coach doesn't wear down the D over the regular season so they are on fumes by playoff time.

Fortunately NY has plenty of depth on the blueline and can "afford" to rest a top guy on given nights without losing too much defensive coverage with Eminger, Bickel and Stralman ready to step in and play some minutes along the way.

I also think that Staal is the top dog on the blueline so I would expect to see him have top minutes during the regular season. I actually like Girardi with him too.

McDonaugh has totally impressed us all with his work ethic, skating and grit however he still has basically a season and a half of seasoning on him. 2nd pairing minutes for a top team like NY is in no way a demerit. Or if you prefer the #3 dman on the depth chart.

Staal
Girardi
McDonaugh

I think most of believe that NY can ride these 3 into the eastern final again this season

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote