View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 05:43 AM
holyprime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Yeah I'm really confused with player development too. I had B. Schenn and Burmistrov on my 3rd line en route to a Cup win and both of them posted 30 points with a 15-20+ plus/minus but neither made any progress. Right now I have Burmi tearing up the AHL and Schenn still in the NHL so I'll see whether if the whole AHL/NHL thing really makes a difference, but it's definitively frustrating that development doesn't make much sense.
What's Burmistrov's overall rating? I actually tried and simulated a season (we're several ppl playing that team with me as "GM", so we're usually playing every single NHL game), and Niederreiter made some progress.

From 69 to 74, with 21g and 32a and a +5 playing on the first line/pp in Providence. Which raised another question: How do i get rid of the players the AHL team signs? I just have no use for six 71+ Grinders/AHL lifers or a 74 Goalie, and i really dont want to check my AHL roster every second week just to make sure that my prospects arent scratched or placed on the fourth line like Nino (he barely makes the roster with his overall ratings, not to mention all the other prospects barely hitting 60 overall).
Could this be because i trade my "busts" (24+ old prospects with a bad overall) and now have only 41 players in the organisation? Will it change for the better if i stockpile players in the next offseason to reach the maximum?

On a sidenote, some of these AHL lifers are awesome. Craig Campbell was my best scorer (he's a 74 Grinder C) and led the league in PIMS with 387