View Single Post
01-09-2013, 08:49 AM
vCash: 500
If you look at last year the Jets found themselves in a hole pretty quick out of the gate and he was in that line up.

Some say this is a future number one center, I find that very hard to see. Number one centers need to produce huge numbers, they generally carry a teams offense. Is this kid the guy to produce 75 to 100 points for the Jets? I dunno about that. Those are serious numbers.

Last year's top five producing centers

I simply don't see that level of play from Scheifele; to me he is a second line center at BEST and you should know, I'd love to be wrong about that. I watched the Canucks develop Kesler and he didn't simply step into the league in 03/04 and produce as he started to in 07/08. And Linden played a huge role in his development. Sundin helped take Kesler to another level too. Point is, I hate to break it to ya'll but the kid has work to do. Players like him are developed, players like Stamkos step into the league and score 23 goals in their first year. For him to make this team it needs to be in a bottom six role and he needs to learn from a journeyman center. The Jets have issues up the middle and the last guy I want him near is Antropov. I think Jokenin will be good for the team and he and Little really should be the top two guys in that line up. After that, you have Burmi and Wellwood most likely working the third line and then the forth should be Slater's. Ultimately, this will be 48 near playoff games and the 8 teams in the east that get that first will be in the second season. Keep in mind that guys will start dropping like flies with tweaked groins, sports hernias and hip flexors before long, he most likely will get a shot at some point however I certainly would err on the side of caution where starting the season with him in the middle is concerned. There's just too much at stake right now.

Thinking the Mark Scheifele should be inserted into an NHL lineup simply because of his try hard attitude is dangerous and idealistic and the bottom line is, he has to produce when the time comes. 1 goal in 7 games told me last year he simply wasn't ready. And that was while playing against nhlers who were in "October" mode, I can't imagine what would happen to the kid in February or March...That time of year could actually ruin him before he even starts...