View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 07:51 AM
xECK29x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
It's not absurd and call it what you will. If a player has a valid contract in europe and NHL drafts him, offers him a new contract knowing he still has a valid one in another league, how can you justify that and don't see the irony in bashing on Visnovsky now.

And again I'm not here to defend what he is doing, I consider it wrong. I think he should pack his bags and go play oversees.
I have never seen an NHL club offer a contract to a Euro player under contract without understanding from the player and agent. Also the situations are different, Vishnovsky approached Garth Snow about playing in the KHL during the lockout once the lockout has ended he is to report back to the Islanders as contractually obligated. There was no timetable on the lockout, it's not the NHL's fault it ended at the end of the KHL season right before the playoffs, Vishnovsky and his agent both understood this risk when signing the KHL deal.

Again, Vishnovsky has an out, he can simply retire from the NHL, it's best for both sides for him to just does that at this point.

Last edited by xECK29x: 01-09-2013 at 07:56 AM.