01-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Boston and Philly are certainly the top two for me right now. I don't go to enough home games to build up a disdain for the Leafs organization and fanbase (though the trade board is getting me there ). Toronto has been so bad for so long that it's tough to hate them too much, at least for me--plus, it's one of the few times that Sabres home games are enjoyable to watch on TV because you can hear actual noise in the arena. Regarding Ottawa, though I strongly dislike Neil and Spezza--because they're not on the Sabres, primarily--I've grown fond of Alfie over recent years, so it's difficult to build up the animosity when you respect the face of their organization--and the lack of meaningful games over recent years has lessened the rivalry, as well. Finally, with Montreal, I feel the Habs are so preoccupied with their rivalries with the Bruins and the other Canadian teams in the division that we're just kind of an afterthought for them. That cheapens the rivalry for me if you don't think the other team really views it as a big rivalry.

I'd probably throw the Canes in my top-3 right now. I don't think I'll ever get past 2005-06 when they took our Cup. And the crying their fanbase does over the purported conquering savages from Western New York is tired.
The Leafs recent doldrums do lessen the dislike a bit, but the fans... oh my. I used to loathe the Islanders, as a conference rival and perennial powerhouse should be viewed, but nearly 20 years of ineptitude has them shifted from loathing to pity. I actually want them to be better. I suppose, one day, if the Leafs stink long enough, I might even come around to them too.....

Nah.