View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:09 AM
abcdefg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Ltir does count against the cap, Pronger counts and so does Savard. You just get an emergency allowance to go over by that amount but you can't acrue cap savings. A few of these guys on LTIR and you could be screwed in the off season because they still count and could easily chew up the 10% off season overage allowance.
Yeah I knew that LTIR "counts" against the cap but you can just go over it by the amount that is in the LTIR. How can anyone forget the "Ballard concussion" lol. Anyway, I thought that with 35+ contracts you weren't allowed to go over it like in normal LTIR situations, but few people have now said it is possible. It's funny that, say a player on a 35+ contract dies, he would still be on your salary cap until the contract expires, but if he's "only" injured and on LTIR, you can kinda forget it there and just go over the cap by that much.

If the rumors are indeed true, I'd be really disappointed if Frattin and a high pick (1st or in some case 2nd rounder) were not part of that deal.