View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not at all. I don't disagree.

Most of the people watching this type of stuff want some added interest stuff. Not a condensed recap of the games and results we all watch anyway and rehash indefinitely.

Some of the funnier and lighter moments like Omark taking a dump and ruining MPS cool pad forever, this of course not seen on Oil Change but on a Euro Cribs type telecast. People want the human interest stories, the off ice activities, any interesting aspects of the players etc. Just watching players drive to a game and talk about the upcoming game can be a different look.
Seeing players in the dressingroom with game faces on is a different look. Theres lots that happens off the ice that could be funny, fascinating, riveting. Instead they trot out this nonsense with a serious monologue as if every event is coaxing Apollo 13 back into re-entry orbit. Seriously the narrator for these could be talking about the clubs morning breakfast in his monotone serious deadpan deliver that suggests the Kennedy assassination just took place. Its like phony drama all over the place and a broadcast not having a clue what its trying to be.
One problem is that I imagine the players get a little sick of it at times. This isn't like the HBO show that follows them around for a few weeks leading up to the winter classic. When you've got a camera crew around all year I imagine it gets pretty tedious. That being said, I don't know what the suggestion would be because as it stands now the show definitely is stale. We really don't need to see game recaps of CBJ games that we saw 3 weeks earlier.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote