View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
For the newer fans the Sens would be a rivalry, but for me its always been Boston, Montreal, Philly as I've been a fan since the team's inception.
Agreed. Same here. And fan since '74-75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
**** Chris Neil.
Nah, ****ing's too good for him; he'd likely enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
But I don't have the consuming hatred for the Senators that I have for Boston, Philly, etc.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Philly hatred spans all generations of Sabres fans. **** Philly.
Amen. As long as they didn't go through BUF to do it, I'd be ok with PHI winning the Cup, as long as the fans would promise to burn the city afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
This. With the Bruins proviso added making them a 1A/1B for me.
Amen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Boston/Philly/Toronto are easily tops.

I don't like Ottawa, but that rivalry cooled off after a few years, likely because both teams didn't remain near the top of the division/conference for long.

It's funny, I don't really hate the Canadiens...their fans are a different story but the team itself I don't have the same hatred for as the aforementioned trio.

IMO Hurricanes are kinda like the Senators in terms of rivalry, but I think they hate us more because our fans invade their arena.
I just have so much respect for the late-70s Habs teams I grew up watching, with their mostly French-Canadian roster, beautiful sweaters, well-rounded teams, and elite skill. It's truly hard to dislike longevity, excellence, and class.

I can vouch for Sabres-'Canes crowds being 1/3-1/2 BUF fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
The Leafs recent doldrums do lessen the dislike a bit, but the fans... oh my. I used to loathe the Islanders, as a conference rival and perennial powerhouse should be viewed, but nearly 20 years of ineptitude has them shifted from loathing to pity. I actually want them to be better. I suppose, one day, if the Leafs stink long enough, I might even come around to them too.....

Nah.
I have a soft spot for the LEAFs. They're like the Buffalo Bills of the NHL.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote