View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Well what would be more beneficial to there success? Weiss when they have Flesichmann there or Luongo when both there goaltenders are decling and there team has gotten worse defensively.

I doubt this team is capable of making the playoffs the way they are, getting Luongo would really improve that chance. Weiss isn't great to give up but when you consider they will lose him anyway and probably for nothing why wouldn't they try to trade him and get something since they are shooting for the future more so than right now.

I don't really think Versteeg is a fit, and I agree he isn't coming here, Weiss is different because it's unlikely he is going back, Would Luongo not improve there chances alot? since there goaltending isn't that great to start with and is declining, and there defense also lost a huge piece in Garrison (he was on there top pair) Ya there offense would take a big hit but there goaltending would gain a huge improvement, and as we have seen a great goalie can carry a lackluster offense more so than a better offense carrying a lackluster goalie.
You are spinning tires here...just because people around here want Weiss doesn't mean it's in Florida's best interests to trade him right now. Fleischmann is NOT a suitable candidate to be a #1 center if they're looking to make the playoffs, and there is no NEED for them to move Weiss until they know where they sit in the playoff picture. They can get Luongo for other pieces that don't seriously affect their current roster.