View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
For some reason i highly doubt the Luongo deal is done to Toronto. Im the biggest skeptic of this trade. If Luongo retires at 40 the leafs will have an additional 2m on the cap for 3 years. This (IMO) would drive Burke nuts. I don't feel that Vancouver needs to make this deal right now. Why not wait until the end of the season? With Kesler down, wouldn't a fantastic goalie tandem help the team more then Bozak? Also there is always the trade deadline. No need to rush this thing, unless of course Toronto is by some miracle giving up a kings ransom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
I don't believe that at all.

He's had Tuckers $1M for 4 straight years.... now he added Armstrongs $1M for the next two.

He effectively has a $2M cap hit for bought outs players RIGHT NOW.... I don't think in 7 years it will matter much considering the cap at that time will likely be $80-90M.
This is something that many people overlook. 2mil per season for a couple years won't mean as much 10 years down the road. Plus, it's far from a certainty that Lu retires before his contract is up anyways (ie: Roloson).