View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 09:18 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
No athlete will ever admit to those other possible reasons for abandoning a contract. Very rarely do you get one come out and say "I just don't want to play with this team." Doesn't make sense for them to do so, they'll all use the "I'm doing this for family" line because it evokes empathy from the average fan. We all want to spend more time with family.

Thomas used that as reasoning, but so did guys like Radulov. It's all subjective, no one is really wrong. How you choose to remember Thomas, Radulov, Soderberg, etc... is completely subjective. Time is better spent worrying about the players that actually want to play for the Bruins.
I agree.

Its fine that the Bruins decided 2011-2012 would be Tims last season. But the issue of the final year of his contract was always going to come up. Since Tim had no NTC he had no control. His options were to play for Edmonton or retire. Being a Bruin and competing with Rask for 12-13 was not on the table. Of course this can't be proven why would either party admit to it? Svedberg and Khudobin are good depth behind Rask the B's didn't necessarily make a bad call. Stuff happens.

No problems with what TT chose to do. No problems either if he comes back next year.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote