View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
While it'd be great to luck into one of the more bandied about names around here (like on the Prospects board), I'd settle for Fasching...
I've been watching Fasching play since his squirt days at Apple Valley (he and my son played against each other all the way to HS, as well as AAA hockey in the summer). He was always a man amongst boys on the ice. He's got size and smarts...both on the ice smarts and classroom smarts. Also a very nice kid with a very touching family story (do a Google search).

I've seen him projected to go anywhere from bottom of the 1st round to the top half of the 2nd round.

Also, keep an eye out for Taylor Cammaratta.....he's a Maple Grove kid who played for Shattuck. He happened to play with Nathan Mackinnon on the same SSM teams and put up MUCH better numbers than the highly touted Canadian. The only thing keeping Taylor out of the Top 10 is his size...but the kid has a scoring touch.

*EDIT* One more player to watch is Ian McCoshen (Hudson, WI). Big and mobile defenseman...I have also watched him play a fair amount of hockey through his youth.

Last edited by MuckOG: 01-09-2013 at 09:33 AM.