Old
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
No athlete will ever admit to those other possible reasons for abandoning a contract. Very rarely do you get one come out and say "I just don't want to play with this team." Doesn't make sense for them to do so, they'll all use the "I'm doing this for family" line because it evokes empathy from the average fan. We all want to spend more time with family.

Thomas used that as reasoning, but so did guys like Radulov. It's all subjective, no one is really wrong. How you choose to remember Thomas, Radulov, Soderberg, etc... is completely subjective. Time is better spent worrying about the players that actually want to play for the Bruins.
Translation: The reason the player and the team gave don't suit my preconceived notions so I'll simply assume it's a lie.

If Chiarelli was willing to offer an extension to get him to report, don't you think that offering not to trade him would be easier? And if his objective were to prevent a trade to a team he doesn't want to play for this year and go to a place of his choosing next year, wouldn't what he's doing now run completely counter to that? He could play out his final half season, get paid and become a free agent, but taking the year off runs the risk of being traded to a team that he doesn't want to play for who can toll his contract. It doesn't make any sense. And it kills his value on the free agent market.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote