View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i thought carlson had a terrible sophmore slump, but i got no such feeling on alzner. by the playoffs carlson's game resumed its high level.

my view on the goalies is that they are both good young goalies and good young goalies are often inconsistant.
I can't disagree with you on that. I would couch this by saying that both of them (Carlson and Alzner) played much better at the end of the year than during much of it.

But in getting back to my main point, both players fell off a bit, and any trader talking with GMGM about a deal would certainly point this out.

The 2 goalies are both good, and to expand on what I was saying, much of Holtby's problem isn't entirely his fault: it's a byproduct of the lockout, and he suffers from being forced to play in a league he otherwise would not have had to play in.

In fairness, yes, he did look like a good AHLer when I saw him... but I've often quoted this truism over the years:

"Only the mediocre are always at their best"

But again... my point: any serious trader is going to use the AHL play to get a better deal.