Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
I hate this site. I dont know why I come here people on here are so stubborn and blind. Everyone here sees their players better than eveyone else. I admit that Smid is a good defensive def man and is is better than all our def with the exception of GIO & Boumeester and possibly wideman (havent seen him alot so not to sure yet). But to say flat out that Smid is better than Bouwmeester is like saying backlund is better than Nuge. Its just ludicrous. I wish people would just sit back and look at value of other players without be unbiased and stop valuing their own players to ridiculous proportoins. I agree we would not gte duchene for bouwmeester thats why i created the thread for Gagner NOT duchene. But everyone who sees bouwmeester as a horrible player is either blind or has been listening to to many HF threads of people who hate without actually watching.
Bouwmeester is a better player than Smid although not by as much as you would think (especially the way Smid played last year) but when taking into account salary and need, i would take Smid over Bouwmeester for sure. The Oilers don't need another ultra soft defenseman who can log big minutes, they already traded away a Bouwmeester-lite in Gilbert because of that. Smid is tough as nails and is emerging as a leader so he's pretty much becoming a staple on the blueline for the Oilers. No way would i trade that for Bouwmeester especially at his salary.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote