View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Welcome to the party, Shrimper, but I think a few teams will be a lot more creative when it comes to exploiting that loophole.

As I keep saying, Calgary may rebuild. Their owner is a billionaire. Cammallerri, Bouwmeester, and Kiprusoff come of the books after the 2013-2014 season.

If Jay Feaster decided to go full rebuild and put those three on the market with the proviso that he'd eat half the cap hit, those three IMO become three of the best trade deadline values out there.

It definitely can help a team accelerate a rebuild, and I have this scary vision that a guy like Sather or Holmgren is going to exploit it big time.
Agree. It can be used to make deals more suitable for teams as well rather than just proposing players teams can also offer to take salary to sweeten it. I think some players are now more available because of that. I mean, look at Iginla. His cap hit is $7m and very few teams are going to take that with the cap hit going down but if a team were able to get him for $3.5m-$4.0m then I think they'd do it.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote