View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
THe only way I can go back to the NHL right now (I will be back eventually) would be to void every single contract and get an entire new crop of players.
I have lost all respect for the players, I tried watching the Spengler cup final and could not give a damn. I did not agree with them in 2004 but I could see and appreciate what they were fighting for; I will not cheer on a bunch of idiots who let themselves be strung around by a union that fights for a small minority of players, lies on live national TV and do everything they can to inflict the maximum amount of pain on the other side due to not being able to understand simple economics.

I am a principled man, but that does not mean that all principles are equal. The notion that the union had to hurt the NHL has much as possible to make a point is beyond ridiculous, it's like beating someone up to make a point: I will never stand behind anyone who supports this.
and the is basically what was going on. they felt they had to make the league hurt to deter them in the future. i don't know if it will work.

i see the remaining crop of veteren players from the pre-05 lockout as a bad bunch (players that have been in the league 10 years). they came from the glutonous years when there weren't any limitations. they still think things should be like before. once that bunch is out of the picture, my hope is this 'fight for every cent', 'we gave too much last time' and 'we'd rather die than lose to Bettman' attitude will subside.

of course, replacing bettman (with a hockeyman like the newly available Burke) is must aswell.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote