Old
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22
You missed two thirds of my quote. I said "FORWARD that is one dimensional and INEFFECTIVE"...

-Komisarek is not a forward.
-Samsonov is a very effective player.
-Murray is a gritty, defensive-forward (already combined 3 elements there and I would take him over Ribeiro).
-Whitney is a two-way forward who had 55 pts in 63 games this year with an even +/- rating. He is also a proven 15 year veteran who has leadership qualities and adds experience. That's hardly 1-dimensional.
1993:
-Lebeau was effective.
-Savard was effective.
-Dionne was very effective.
-Leeman was effecive.

I don't think it's fair to say my argument is poor, certainly not based on what was presented back there, anyway. There is not 'A' blueprint for winning. Nowhere did I suggest a singular. But there are certain things you need to win and certain things you can't win if you have. You need effective players, consistent players who are gritty and talented. You also need great goaltending. You cannot have one-dimensional, small, ineffective floating forwards like Ribeiro. I am not implying that ther are not other related issues or that he is the only one, but he will never play on a cup winning team...write it down. Neither will Mark Streit.
Savard was bagged. Lebeau was a bum. Agreed all could skate except lebeau. Ribiero is a Lebeau clone.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote