View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Markov Subban and Kaberle? Is that what they consider 3 #1 guys?
Many on HF think that a lot of ice-time for a D-man = #1 D-man

Ya, lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Im all for that. Makes sense for both teams as well since the rangers wouldn't be able to take back a cap hit.
We might regret it in a few years... not because Zibanejad has more value than MDZ, but...

On defense, we have Ceci, Karlsson, Cowen, Wiercioch, Wikstrand...

And Zibanejad has the most upside of Sens forward prospects

Trading our highest draft pick since Spezza before we know what we have could be a mistake IMO

Or we do that deal (and add to Zibanejad) and trade I don't know... Ceci for another forward prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
Would you give up Greening and Zibanejad for Del Zotto?
It makes sense value-wise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Although I'd prefer to give up someone who's more bottom 6, because they're easier to replace... Someone like Condra, or Daugavins, or Da Bossta.
Da Costa is a bottom-6 player?

I think you meant top-6 or bust, no?

Daugavins don't have enough value in addition to MZ for a player like MDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
What about prying a D man out of Phoenix? The sens seem to have a good relationship with them and they are rich in talent back there.

Zibanejad + + for Yandle perhaps?

Looks like Gormley and Rundblad are both ready to make the jump. Michalek id imagine can be had for relatively cheap too at that salary.
I'd pay Zibanejad, Greening and a 3rd for Yandle... Don't see why the Yotes would move him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Truly insane depth you gotta think with Gormley and Rundblad coming up that a guy like Yandle might be available. They are so thin upfront too, too bad the sens dont have anyone to deal. Would you guys do a deal around Michalek for Yandle?
Who replace Michalek offense?

Stone? Zibanejad? Hoffman?

Too much expectations for our rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
This is year 3 of the three year rebuild. Not interested in giving up assets when we aren't quite a cup contender yet.
Wait... Isn't year 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
That would be nice, but a guy who has ZERO experience at the NHL level may not be the best option...
Welll, Wiercioch has 8 NHL games under his belt and looked good, and that was 2 years ago before he bulked up, etc.

Jared Cowen had 1 NHL game before last season but he did play full-time and did more than not look out of place

Sure, Wiercioch isn't as good as Cowen but we might do things like that while rebuilding rather than when we will contend.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-09-2013 at 01:10 PM.