View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Agreed. Teams are always looking for guys that can play with an edge, and Peckham in his prime is probably a #5 dman who can make other teams lives hell, and hold them responsible if they do something to the stars
Matt Greene basically. People i don't think realize how huge Greene was in LA's cup victory and many of the same complaints about Greene then are what people are saying now about Peckham. Peckham at the end of the day was a quality AHLer, has had success in the NHL and has solid pedigree. Not only that he's a player type (defensive defenseman) that is hard to find, and almost all of the valuable one's are far older. Seriously look it up guys like Mitchell, Carkner, Scuderi, Greene, Smid, J.Smith, Staios, ect... typically take alot longer to reach their potential. You do get your Schultz's and Jackman's who make it early but it's not common in the slightest. And even if Peckham is never the caliber of player as some of those listed his enforcing abilities should add extra value to his role. I think we're way too impatient at times with our young players who aren't world class (i.e. Paajarvi, Peckham, Gagner). Not everybody develops like an Eberle or a 1st overall pick. Petry and Peckham are the same age and even Petry a far superior young talent is only hitting his stride now.