Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #3
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
And that is why McIlrath was taken at #10, knowing Dallas at #11 wanted him and Edmonton was looking to trade up to 12 to take him if he was available. How about the other 5 teams that passed on him? Or St Louis who didn't even use their first 1st rounder that year on him? C'mon man, you are grasping at straws here. You are using 100% hindsight.

There were serious questions about whether he was going to come over. He came over. It happens. Kuznetsov is another perfect example. Washington took him @ 26. His skills translated to him normally being a higher pick. Now there is serious concerns over whether or not he will EVER come over. And that is with Ovechkin already being entrenched on the team he would be playing for!
I would rather us take a Taresenko and have him not come over than a McIlrath and him become some goon that can't play. Both worst case scenarios. At least I'd feel like the Rangers swung for the fences. I was proud that they went for Cherepanov (RIP) instead of some guy with decent upside that was coming over for sure.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote