View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
About ten minutes away from Hall of Fame announcement.

After reading dozens of articles on the subject I've become infuriated with how the baseball writers handle the voting process. I really think that nobody is going to get in with Biggio maybe having the best shot. I saw Joel Sherman based his vote off of these new stats WAR7 and JAWS which had Mike Piazza as his 14th best player on the ballot and he voted in guys like Lofton and Larry Walker while leaving Piazza off of it. A writer in philly decided this year he was going to base his vote off of the "character clause" and only voted in Dale Murphy because he was a "good guy". Utterly ridiculous..

I know the whole steroid era is really coming into focus here and thats where almost all the writers are getting on their high horse looking down on the players. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about steroids its gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore. Let them in acknowledge the era as the steroid era and move on if these guys continue to hang over our heads its never going to end... Which would lead to more stories for the writers to print. A good number of writers submitted blank ballots in some sort of "boycott" against the roid era which is just absolutely insane.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote