Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #3
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I see him becoming a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. Whether you label that as a #3 or #4 is up to you. He brings a toughness and intimidation factor that is VERY difficult to find in the new NHL. Players who can skate and play the game like he can at his size are almost, if not more difficult to find than a 30 goal scorer.

To put it in perspective, I see McIlrath becoming a better version of Douglas Murray in pretty much every facet of the game. Murray was a top pairing defenseman on a perennial playoff team.

IMO the Rangers have a monster on the way. I am very high on McIlrath and I understand if people aren't as high on him as I am.
Yeah but with Rangers having a lot of young D-men (Girardi isn't THAT young but with his game he should be able to play a while) and Richards and Gaborik and 30 and over. A 30 goal scorer is more valuable for the Rangers. You don't need a monster crease clearing D-man when you have guys that can skate and play defense well. This isn't the dead puck era when a Hatcher was invaluable. Give me a Staal and McDonagh 100 times out of 100.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote