Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
You could get Arnott for your 2nd line center? It's much harder to find a Top pairing capable d vs 2c.
Arnott is not a 2nd line center caliber player, this is ludicrous. Even if he was how do we know he would he sign here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Howabout a career 59 points in 409 games vs 285 in 717?

3 seasons of 40 points vs 0
3 seasons of 10 goals and more vs 0

I'm not a huge fan of JBo but people forgetting he was a mobile offensive dman previous to playing in Calgary and almost all teams trying to get him ufa.
By that logic Horcoff should be judged on the seasons he had before his big contract. This just makes no sense. There's a lot more wrong with this post but the basic premise is so ridiculous i won't bother to waste my time.

Quote:

Worth more than Smid to non oilers? Very likely.
Proof? What did Bouwmeester do last year that was so muh more impressive? Is 5 more EVstrength points and his ability to ideally play 2nd unit PP worth that many millions more? Is it worth getting a guy who by the stats and eye is a clearly less capable defensive player? I like Bouwmeester and really do feel he's a #2 guy, like Smid, but his contrat is prohibitive and giving up Gagner for him when we have Smid is a very poor idea.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote