View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Well I know people that have spoken to him, I know that he enjoys being a fixture in the community, that he loves his city, and most importantly his family is more important to him than winning a Stanley Cup. His family is deeply rooted in the city and he's content here. He's not going to uproot them to go join the Penguins, especially not while Calgary is still a competitive team (which they are).

Iginla is 35, he can play until he's 40. A lot can change in 5 years. Ask any of the recent Stanley Cup winners that and they'll tell you.
I don't believe for a fraction of a second that Iginla wouldn't consider leaving home for a couple of months in order to try and win a Cup. He could always re-sign with the Flames in the offseason and have a better team to play on because of whatever he was traded for.

Moving away for a couple of months doesn't mean you no longer care about your family or community. Even if he moved away for a couple of years doesn't mean he wouldn't come back in the offseason and at the end of his career.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote