View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Luvtowatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Even with the American kids, Strome could go as early as 6, all things being equal no one in Ontario should be picked before Matt Spencer. If I was an OHL gm and I had to pick between Konecny and Strome, It would be easy for me to decide. Id take Strome. I think in there first year in the OHL Strome gets more points than Konecny. I do not think Konecny will do as well as others imagine him doing. I can see him getting intimidated unfortunately. He doesnt appear to be growing height wise anymore and he really needs to gain weight. He is smaller than both Mcdavid and Hosang in weight and height compared to last year.

I know stats dont tell the whole story but Strome has 153 points in 59 games. He will break 200 this year. Thats pretty special. His point per game production is higher than anyone in Ontario. He is subtle is his dominance, like a wolf dressed in sheep clothing.

I thought Dal Colle's feet might hold him back, Dal Colle is so smart he is where the puck is and anticipates extremely well. Do either of Dal Colle or Strome have breakaway speed? No, but good luck finding any other small hole in there game.
Right on ML979. I also loved MDC's game and see a lot of him in Strome. I was of the belief in the last draft that MDC was the safest pick after McDavid.